Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patty's Day

St. Patrick's Day this year was a lot of fun! We got to celebrate with Joy and her family. We started the morning with green eggs and bacon, courtesy of Grandma Dunyon, and boy were they good! Luke was a little hesitant to eat the green eggs, but once I distracted him and he got them in his mouth, he loved them. 

Luke spent the morning with Joy while Mom and I took the kids to Lake Mission Viejo to rent canoes and paddle boats. I was feeling the burn the next day! 
We came home to Chimmy Chunga's with green rice, sour cream, and golden corn. 
Topped off with Green cupcakes and green frosting! Luke enjoyed it very much.
At the end of the day, the kids went on a treasure hunt for gold, yummy gold candy, it was really fun to have Joy's kids here to join in the fun. It's an excuse for me to do the silly holiday things without anyone giving me grief! 
Joy left the next morning and as they were packing up, I caught this precious moment. Luke LOVES books, and Janee loves to read them to him. Thank Janee!
Austin and I decided to pack up and head to Disneyland for one last hoorah before he started work, and as many people have told me, I will never see him again. It was fun, super crowded, but we hit a few rides then headed to BJ's for dinner. Fun filled holiday with family and Disneyland.

7 comments:

Gray Family said...

I would never give you grief about celebrating a holiday!!! Love all the green (especially mom's yard!) - some of the food did look a little gross though - green sour cream? Best o' luck to ya!

Ali said...

As his hair gets longer he looks so much older?! I feel like that's all I say when I comment---that your boy is looking big...but CUTE too:) Congrats on the new job.

Cynthia said...

In response to your comment on my blog…we got our table from a private furniture wholesaler for a really good price. (If you know the Dumas family in the Los Alisos Ward, it is Sis Dumas’ brother. He actually lived in LA but was willing to drive down and deliver it for a reasonable price). Steve just restained the table too because it got a little beat up after 5 years of use.
Congrats on Austin’s new job! Enjoy this next phase of your life. It is great when hubby is done with school and finally has a job:)

Wendy said...

What a great way to celebrate! I am so jealous that you got to go to Disneyland! I love Luke's shirt and all the green food - I would have eaten the green slime on the chimi in the spirit of things. Celebrate good times, come on!

Audrey Crisp said...

Fun! We never celebrate that holiday cause John's birthday is the next day or I just forget... Haha!

nana and atom said...

man, luke is getting so big! looks like things are going really great :) congrats to austin on getting his job!

Unknown said...

Luke is so dang cute! I wish we could see him (and you guys) more than once a year.
(this was Megan, not Kyle)