Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas, New Years, Disneyland and 2 Birthdays!

This Christmas was jam packed with so much stuff!! Just how we like it! We decided to do Christmas morning at home, Santa brought Luke a kitchen and it was too big to fit in the car to get to Grandma's.

Luke loved Christmas morning. His little face lit up when he saw all the presents. I don't know if he knew what it meant, but he sure was happy! He played with his kitchen while Austin and I opened presents. Christmas Eve we got to do a group chat with all of Austin's family. It was pretty fun to hear what the kids wanted from Santa and how excited they all were.

After we got cleaned up we packed up the car and headed to Grandma Dunyon's house. Arron and Brooke and their family was there too, along with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Storer. It was so much fun!!

I got a new toaster and a laminating machine, which I LOVE! Luke got lots of new cars and airplanes, which he hasn't stopped playing with since!

The days that followed we played at Grandma's house with cousins. Grace and Luke because best buds. They loved each other! We hit the beach with our 80 degree weather. All the kids got soaked, except Emma...she wasn't too pleased with how much sand was at the beach :) 

New Year's Eve, Dave and Joy and their crew joined us along with Kim, Jeff and their crazy bunch! It was Aaron's birthday, which is always a blast! We played the flour game, had sparklers, and lots of food! Mom also got these awesome lanterns. We headed to the park and lite them and sent them into the sky. It was very Tangled-esq. All the kids thought it was pretty cool. But when we heard the fire engine, we quickly packed up and headed home.

Since we hadn't been to Disneyland since last year, we had to go! Luke got to meet Aladdin, which is his favorite right now, and had a blast with cousins. Janee even got to stay an extra week, which was really fun for us. An extra babysitter!

Luke actually said hi to Winnie the Pooh and Tiger, he wasn't so sure about Eyore. But it's a step in the right direction! I think the cousins had a little something to do with it, he was trying so hard to be a big kids them.

After Disneyland, the fun kept on coming! Megan and Haley turned 8!! They wanted to go to Del Taco for lunch then hit the beach, with a Ravioli dinner, Key lime pie and cheese cake with strawberries! I was glad I was there. The beach was beautiful again, we could spend all day at the beach. The party was great, good food, fun family.
After 2 weeks we were sad to go, it just didn't seem long enough, but we had a great time. I'm so blessed to have the family that I have. Happy New Year to all!

4 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

How fun! Love that you go to DL so often. Luke is such a fun cute kid! So good to see you over the break!

Gray Family said...

Hee! Hee! we have some of the same pictures, and I'm stealing the ones that I don't. So glad you hung out with us so long. Love having you around. When can we do it again?

Wendy-lou said...

Alright, you two crazy kids....I am getting tired of not being part of the fun. So either don't have fun without me or I am just going to have to join you! Love your pics and glad that you're making memories with not only your own family but with extended family as well. Love my sisters!

The Trotter Family said...

Those lanterns are awesome! You guys really know how to pack a lot of fun into every family visit. Your mom must be so tired!