Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas

We started the season out this year with Austin playing the bells again. It's so fun to be a groupie for a few weeks and watch all their hard work and start the season off with some great Christmas music .
This was at the Temple. I think this is my favorite performance. Mom and Dad came up as well as Grandma and Grandpa Storer. I love it. We got to walk around and see the lights. The Barrus' family is also in the bells so they came too. It wouldn't be as fun without them, so I'm so glad they came too.

Colby and Luke enjoying the Nativity. They kept trying to go under the ropes to see baby Jesus. They are just super spiritual like that.
Luke's view of the bell performance. Grandpa looks so happy, Dad looks sleepy
We also got some great news this Christmas, we are expecting another little baby in July! This was great news to hear and once again totally unexpected. I had given up on trying, and I guess that's when they come. I have been super sick, just like I was with Luke, but am now almost 12 weeks, so here's to hoping it's almost over! On the plus side, I've lost 10 pounds!
We packed up the car and head to Utah for Christmas and it was a long, but beautiful drive. We stopped at Aaron and Brooke's house to spend a few days with them and then headed up to Logan to see Brad and Celeste on Christmas Eve.
We had so much fun in Logan. Although it was amazingly cold for us sissy Californians, we enjoyed visiting the snow, knowing we had 70 degree weather to come home to! We went bowling, which the kids and adults LOVED! The bowling alley had a neat tool to help the kids, and Luke would just put his ball up on the ramp and push it down, with the bumpers up, the kids did better than some of the adults!
We enjoyed seeing movies and going on a date while Grandpa and Grandma watched the kiddos, and in the meantime, the kids enjoyed playing together.
Christmas morning was a blast. Santa found us all the way up in Logan and despite the cold, he still delivered gifts! Phew!






We got all bundled up and played in the snow for about 30 minutes then Luke decided he was cold and we headed back inside to snuggle. Austin and Brad made some pretty cool snow angels too.


All in all Christmas was great. We enjoyed spending time with family and remembering the Savior. I'm so grateful for family. 
We also acted out the Nativity, it was pretty cute
http://youtu.be/xBz157A5Fk8

4 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

What a fun Chrustmas! Sorry tube been sick! Hope you get feeling better! So happy for you!

Gray Family said...

Yikes! That looks super cold! Glad you survived. Can't wait to have that baby here! Hooray!

Wendy said...

Merry Christmas to you! Hooray you got a white christmas! So lucky! Play in it and then go home, the best way to enjoy snow. Hope this baby is just as cute as Luke is! Congrats and can't wait for the baby to get here!

alfburg03 said...

Congrats on the baby! That is so exciting! Sue enjoy looking at your family pics. Luke is so cute and I love his music video!