Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ring in the New Year

This year for new years we spent it at the beach. We went from 7 degree weather to 70! I kind of love that I live in California. I love the beach and I love that we can go in December.

The kids and Austin fed the birds, again, and I, again watched from a safe distance. They were mean to me this time and started throwing bread my direction. NOT FUNNY.
We were able to check out the tide pools and climb the big rock. Luke loved every minute of it.
Even though it was almost 70, Grandma and I stayed under a blanket.
That night Mom and Kim cooked an amazing dinner complete with Lobster tail, crab, shrimp and steak. Even though I was sick to my stomach and could only eat steak, it was still delicious.

We all popped our crackers and sported our new years hats. So stylish
Then we headed outside to brave the cold, us wimpy Californians, did sparklers and lanterns. Luke got brave enough to hold a sparkler by himself. I was so proud.
Grandpa busted out the blow torch, and was a little too happy about it. I love my Dad
Kim and Jeff, always the party people, matchy match, red squared!

Silly bunch of crazys I call family



We put Luke to bed around 9:00 and finished the night with Just Dance 4. I watched so I wouldn't puke on all the nice people. Grandma and Grandpa Storer even stayed awake to ring in the new year. I love my family so much and am so grateful to have them close. This year is going to be a good one, I can feel it. Happy New Year to all!

3 comments:

Gray Family said...

I like your post, you got better pictures than I did...well except for a couple of the ones with me in it. Happy New Year!

Wendy-lou said...

So Fun! Love the pictures...I almost feel like I was part of it. Maybe next year I won't just be skyped in, I will actually be there! Luke is getting so daring in his old age.

Steve and Steph said...

Happy New year!!! Love you guys!