Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The big 3-0


Austin birthday this year was the big 3-0, so we decided to make a weekend out of it and headed up to Big Bear for some skiing, relaxing, and some good food. We drove up Friday morning and hit the slopes as soon as we got there. Austin jumped right back into snow boarding, and I tried to remember how to snow blade. It really is amazing how quickly it comes back. 


We skied pretty much till the kicked us off the mountain, it was getting dark, and colder! So we went back to the hotel, jumped in the hot tub to warm up, and then headed out for neon bowling and hand tossed pizza. We found a little hole in the wall pizza place and it was so so good, and cheap! 
Bowling was fun, it was neon night, so everything was glowing and the music was loud! I tried to let Austin win, it being his birthday and all, but I guess I am just too awesome. We did win a stuffed animal for Luke in one of those arcade games, first time ever! 

Day two we hit the mountain again and spent a half day up there this time, we were a little sore from day one, I guess we are not as "young" as we once were :) It was much warmer skiing in the morning and we had so much fun and met some really nice people on the lifts. Austin rocked it out on the jumps, and surprised me with how daring he was!

That night we went to a smokehouse for dinner. We shared a platter with brisket, ribs and chicken with corn, a twice baked potato and cheesy garlic bread on the side. Topped off with some peach cobbler and ice cream. We were so stuffed! 

Sunday morning we headed home, anxious to see Luke, who was at home with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm so grateful they were willing to watch Luke and make this trip a possibility. Happy Birthday to Austin, you make me more happy than I thought I could ever be. 

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow! What a fun trip!

Gray Family said...

Now that sounds like a fun get away! Well, minus the cold and the snow and the bording...but yeah, fun trip! Glad you had a great time. Happy Birthday Austin!

Audrey Crisp said...

Sounds fun!

Foy said...

So fun! What a fun birthday weekend!