Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Friend Party

We decided to have a friends party for Luke this year, since the weather has been so great, and we have made so many good friends up here. We had the Buzz party at the park since there were so many little monkeys, and it had been such beautiful weather until that day. Don't get me wrong, the pictures look like it's nice, but add crazy wind to that, and about 60 degree weather, and that's what we had.

Despite the crazy wind that would blow plates full of food over, the kids had a blast and loved playing outside. We had hot dog, chips and oranges, Luke's favorite.
He got tons of fun gifts from friends. The last few weeks have been awesome, he's been playing and playing and playing.





About 5 minutes after we got to the park, Luke took a tumble off the side of the table and hit his lip just right, and the blood just kept coming. It was all over me, him and the table. I didn't bring any water, what kids likes water...so wet wipes had to suffice. He was a little clingy for the rest of the afternoon, understandably so, but got back in the game when the Buzz cake came out.


Here's some of the crew, notice we are all bundled up with red noses. Yes, 60 degree weather is cold for us wimpy Californians. 
A big thank you to my sister, Jill for letting me borrow the Buzz mold, and mad props to my friend Stephanie for helping frost the cake. I think he turned out pretty good.

Sunday was his actual birthday, and we started the day out with Mickey Mouse pancakes and spiderman.

Next was a gift in the mail from Aunt Wendy. When he opened the cars, he said, "OOH WOW!!"
 

I feel so blessed to have this little guy in our lives. He is such a blessing to us. He is truly our miracle baby. I feel like life has started now that we have him in our lives. I am grateful to be a Mom and although it's hard at times, I wouldn't trade it for the world. He is such a good little boy too. I love the random hugs and when he comes up to me and hold my face in his hands and whispers that he loves me. My heart melts when he smiles at me. and kisses me good night. He is learning to say prayers too and it's just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard. We love you so much Luke.



6 comments:

Jill Fowers said...

Happy Birthday Luke! It looks like an awesome party - and WOW! I think I'll have you come and frost Scott's cakes from now on. I'm glad you had fun! Lightning McQueen next year!

Audrey Crisp said...

How fun!! LOve that cake!

Ali said...

Aren't their prayers the absolute BEST?! Happy Birthday to your little man!

Kristyn said...

That cake is amazing!

And he looks like the sweetest little thing that boy!

p.s. I completely agree that 60 degrees is super chilly! I wear thermals to a lot of things at night now I've become such a wuss (sp?)!

Wendy-lou said...

What a fun birthday and what a fun little boy! We love our Luke and hope he knows it! You did a great job on the cake...good enough to eat and I love the fact that you celebrate each moment in life! Happy Birthday Luke!

The Trotter Family said...

It is funny how there is always something that happens when you try to make a picture perfect event. THe cake is adorable. Great job!