Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving and a birthday celebration

This Thanksgiving we held true to our traditions. We started the celebration off with a trip to Disneyland. It was crazy busy, but still fun. Luke managed to stay awake to see the snow, but tuckered out about 2 minutes after it was over. I was able to go with Kim and her family and Mom. Austin had to stay home and work. Love him for letting us go!

Haley and Luke watching the fireworks
Me and Paige goofing around

My favorite princess, Aroura, we had to get a picture with her!
Me and Kimmy

Me and my baby Luke with the classic Nathan in the background. The Carousal is always a favorite. 


Silly Monkeys 

What's a trip to Disneyland without a ride on Dumbo? Mom was nice enough to wait in all the long lines while we went on the other rides. She is the best Grandma ever. 

Thursday was the big day. Mom started cooking and we all started drooling. The kids made fun cornacopia's. They turned out pretty cute.

Making cornacopia's with Grandma




We also made placemats and hand turkeys. It was a pretty busy day! 






Some of my favorite girls

We also had to go to the beach! It was threatening to rain, but we decided rain or shine, we were off to the beach and it was a beautiful day! Kim was smart and brought swim suits for her kids, and they were in the water within 10 minutes. Me being a first time Mom did not bring a suit for me or Luke! Next year I will have learned my lesson! Luke and I both got drenched, it was really fun though.  Grandpa climbed up the big rock and we looked for clams and mussels with Grandma. They are pretty much the most fun Grandparents ever. 


Luke ate up the attention from Grandma and Grandpa, while Austin and I ate up the sun and a little shut eye.
Of course they had to feed the birds while I watched from a safe distance
Thanksgiving was so much fun I love this time of year and I love being able to spend time with family. 


We decided to take full advantage of having Kim and her family in California and decided to celebrate Luke's birthday a little early. He didn't mind. He got a bunch of new trains from Kim and co. A fun microphone from Grandma and Grandpa Dunyon, Mr. Potato head from Grandma and Grandpa Baillio, trucks, cars, and Elefun. Needless to say we have been having lots of fun with new toys.


 We made yummy blue cupcakes that everyone enjoyed


All in all it was a great weekend, too short, but a great weekend. The girls went out shopping on friday, not crazy early, but we were gone most of the day. It was so fun to be able to spend time with my mom and sister, I only wish the other 3 sisters were there!!

5 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

So fun! Can't believe he's 2!

Gray Family said...

Well to quote that cute kid..."Again, again!" We had so much fun and we love you cute house. Thanks for sharing your holiday and birthday with us. Can't wait to do it "again, again!"

Wendy-lou said...

What a fun weekend & how I wish I could have been there to enjoy it all. It made me tear a bit to hear the singing on his birthday and all the enjoyment I missed out on. What a cute boy and a great family you are making great memories! Love you!

Celeste said...

Looks like alot of fun!

The Trotter Family said...

Happy b-day Luke! Two seriously? These kids grow up so so fast. I'm feeling so old!