Wednesday, May 15, 2013

9 years baby

 For our anniversary this year we decided to take a trip down to San Diego, where it all happened, just 9 short years ago. I can't believe we've been married 9 years. I still feel like I just graduated high school! WE had a great weekend. Mom and Dad watched Luke and we got to spend a few nights just the two of us before this baby comes. It was a great weekend.
 Wednesday we got to San Diego around 3:00, and we got all spiffed up and headed to the temple. It was fun to go through on our actual wedding day. We did a session and the sealings. So we ended up spending about 4 hours in the temple. It was so nice.
 We hit the beach, and although it was beautiful weather, the wind was blowing like crazy, so we only stayed for about 2 hours and then headed to the pool. We also went and saw 2 movies. We had movie tickets from Christmas, so it was totally free! The next day we walked around Old Town. It was really fun because it was Cinco De Mayo the next day, so there were tons of booths and vendors and special road shows.
 Austin had to get a picture with the first court house in San Diego. He thought it was pretty cool.
After a Cinco De Mayo dinner we saw a real haunted house and had to stop in. Although there was no activity, that we saw, the ghosts may have followed us home! IT was fun to see the way people lived back then and be reminded of how nice I have it. 

I'm so grateful for this crazy guy in my life. Every moment is an adventure with him and I wouldn't want to go on this crazy ride with anyone else. Happy Anniversary Austin.

5 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Wow! 9 years! Happy anniversary! Looks like you had a blast!

Scott and Amber Bryson said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like so much fun!

Gray Family said...

All I want to know is...did you get some candy from the Cousin's Candy Shoppe?

Brooke and Aaron said...

What a fun anniversary celebration! Crazy to think it's been 9 years! I feel like I was just in choir with you yesterday pretending like my leg was still hurt so I wouldn't have to stand. ;)

Wendy said...

How awesome is that? It's hard to think that we have had Austin for 9 years as part of our family and how grateful we are for him! Congrats little sis and glad you had a great anniversary!